Sunday, February 19, 2012

Inspiration- A guest post by Roberta Kagan



When I was a little girl I discovered that my mother had a black suitcase in the basement. I was forbidden to look inside. Of course, all you have to do is tell a child “NO” and the next time my mother was out, I ran downstairs and opened the suitcase. Inside I found letters that been censored and pictures of people I’d never met.

My curiosity got the better of me, so I asked my mother what all of this was. She explained that this small bunch of paperwork was all she had left of her entire family in Germany. For years this haunted me. Finally I began to research. I have since written several novels and short stories set in that period.



Although I never discount the horrors of the Holocaust, and my heart goes out to the 11 million who died (Jews and non-Jews), my main goal is to bring knowledge of what happened to as wide an audience as possible. 

 I am hoping that Jews and non-Jews alike will read my books and realize that under the skin we are all the same. We are all God’s precious children. Thanks so much for reading my work. I send you all many blessings.



Trial by a Higher Court

All My Love, Detrick






"This is Safe Haven Refugee Camp. Can anyone hear me?
Hello? Is anyone out there?"

The Survivors
*Free on all retailers

 

No comments:

Affiliate Notice

C9 Publications is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.it, Amazon.de and other Amazon stores worldwide.

Privacy Policy


We do not sell or give away your information, for any reason.

We do not collect or store any information on you or about you, even your email address. If you want to join our mailing list, that link is on the home page.

Our host does track visits. Here is their TOS.

You cannot create an account here.

C9 uses secure transaction processors, such as PayPal.